Sage to Meadow blog was given The Honest Scrap Award today. Kittie Howard of The Block Blog gave Sage to Meadow the award for longevity, fine writing and comments. Thank you, Ms. Howard and the blog, Adventures of The Cautionary Tale.
I must give an acceptance speech or writing to obtain The Honest Scrap Award for outstanding blogging, so in compliance with accepting this award, here are ten (10) personal items about me that most people do not know:
1. Swimming across the coves of central Texas lakes from shore to shore, I do like.
2. I like to sit in the stable alleyway for hours watching not only the horses, but the wildlife that comes to the corrals.
3. Flying commercial overseas, I only fly Lufthansa.
4. I enjoy being the only person in charge of care taking my granddaughters and grandsons, with no parents around, so that I can talk to them and they to me.
5. I like the rain in my face.
6. Choirs and symphonies with all stops unloosed, I like.
7. I like afternoon naps when I can have all the windows open and hear the wind flow through the screens.
8. I love those students that may not make the “A,” but work like crazy and long hours and come to exams with circles under their eyes, having given their “old college try” for the exam.
9. I like the widest of open spaces, the desert south of Taos, looking at the Three Sisters Peaks.
10. I like to drive in the springtime down through the backroads of San Saba and Lampasas Counties with the windows down, the air conditioner on the pickup full-blast, inhaling the scent of meadows of bluebonnets and paintbrushes and wildflowers I cannot even type.
Thanks again, my friends and fellow bloggers. Here’s to making slight, but significant, changes for the common good through our writing!
(Thanks, Brenda, for being patient with me as I blog. You do so much.)